Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One small step for me, one giant step, also for me.

I am really excited about my upcoming art gallery exhibition!

There are also a few hundred other artists being shown in the gallery with me. It's not hard to get selected- because anyone who buys the kit buys their space on the wall, and time on the website. Not to discredit my talent- or anyone elses. It's called Six by Six Gallery.

So does this make my contribution any less notable? I have a slight conflict in my mindset about this.

I am surrounded by artists, and writers, and very successful people- most of which have had their own gallery showings or exhibitions. And in turn the writers have been published, or featured in some venue. My most recent showing of work was at the Tryst event a few months ago. And before that the last showing I had was Sophmore (Junior?) year in high school.

Now beause the gallery didn't seek me out, nor did I solicit a portfolio, does this make me less deserving of gallery space? I was born an artist. I love to create, and make things, and it's who I am- no matter what my career is. So why has it taken me this long to be on a wall, in NYC? Yes, I sound like a bumpkin  agrandizing the NYC art scene like that- but it's not without cause. It's New York fucking City.

I'm have no option, I simply must take this opportunity as a wake up call. Between my photography, painting, and mixed media pieces I feel like it's what I'm meant to do. I have no other option. Things are going to be pretty neat. I've looked into my street vendors license so I can start selling my photographs and other art (prints), and I'm also going to work on setting up a real website (for photography and art) and set up a portfolio to distribute. Aside from being marathon (NYC ING) ready by June (I'm set to run a 5 mile marathon in January. I have a month to train. WTF am I doing to myself?)- these are my new, and reasonable goals.

I think I can? Nope.


I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment