Thursday, December 3, 2009

Photography: It's what I do. Assistance: It's what I need.



Below please find some of the THOUSANDS of pictures I have taken. If you are interested in using, viewing more or purchasing photos, please feel free to leave your email or contact information in a comment and I will make sure to get back to you.




Highline Park, NYC 6/09


Garden of Eve, Cutchogue NY- 7/09



Highway Flowers, 7/09




Broder Garden, 7/09




Cutchogue, NY 7/09



Lilly, 8.09


Highline Park, NYC 6/09
 
Broders, 6/09

Broders, 6/09




I've been interested in photography for a little over 2 years now. I don't know why it took so long for me to be interested in the composition, lighting and details of photos. It's probably one of my most favorite activities. I go on photo hunts as often as I can. Usually, I take pictures of anything that catches my eye. More often than not it's nature. Flowers, leaves, water, trees, the sky or any combination of influence of them. I envy the folks who can snap photos of just about anything and be excited. I used to be like that. Now I can't be bothered if it's out of focus, or the lighting is off. I'm offended actually. I have really high expectations of my pictures and have reached a level of overall frustration. Especially since for my birthday I was given an amazing camera. The Canon G10 Powershot. While I'm still learning to take great pictures, the ones above were taken with my "rinky-dink" canon elph. I say rinky dink in jest because in actuality if you know how to use all the features and settings you can take some really great pictures.
In the past few weeks I've been trying to focus on learning how to use more of my new cameras features- which I can't seem to figure out still. It's pretty complicated for a novice so I might have to either solicit my friends (again!) or go to a store that could give me a basic tutorial (does that even exist? can a store give me a tutorial? Oy- or do I have to scavange Craigslist? This is what happens when you  'wing it' with everything!)

And while I love this time of year for many reasons, I find that photographically there is a lull. Not that there aren't subjects to be captured and beauty to be found- it just needs to be sought out. Actually, I plan on hitting up a few great locations that photograph really dramatically this time of year. It'll be great and I'll make sure to put up pictures.

This leads me to mention that I am in desperate need of a website. I don't want a regular old patchwork website- I'd really like a real one. Flash, or something fancy so that the whole thing is streamlined. Yeah...that'd be pretty awesome. 

If you happen to know how to use a Canon G10, or know how to do a website, I'd happily pay you , or barter with you. I need assistance please!!

3 comments:

  1. Stores definitely do tutorials... I'm not sure that ginormous chains like Ritz do, but more local ones might... even if they don't they should be able to point you in a good direction, or help you one-on-one.

    I'd love to see more of your pictures! these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words! I get kind of freaked out by how much the camera is supposedly able to do- And yet I'm terribly excited to understand it. If you want I'll email you some more pics (at some point over the weekend!)- Or at the very least I'll post more to a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. told you my ideas baby! i'm workin' the tucas off along with you!
    much love,
    mg

    *whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete