Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sea of LOVE <3

The past few days have been a complete and total unabashedly overflowing SEA of LOVE!
And I'm not complaining!

Thursday, was my sister in laws birthday. Her favorite food is sushi and wanted that for dinner. So the Hub and my favorite place for sushi is Kotobuki in Roslyn. Not only is it the best sushi on Long Island, it's almost for certain the best sushi you can get outside of Japan. I have never had better, and will probably not have better until I (eventually) get to travel to Tokoyo. But I digress...
So we had a really nice evening just the three of  us. I ordered seaweed salad, a veggie roll, and spicy salmon. Amazing. And I had a few piece of sashimi that didn't sit on the table long enough for me to take a picture of. Toro and Super White Tuna. Yum!

After dinner we had some cake- which was AMAZING! A chocolate fudge concoction from Whole Foods. Delicious! Because I limit the dairy that I consume you have to understand that this was worth it.

It was also nice to spend time with her as everyone having crazy schedules doesn't allow for us to get together that often.

Here are some picture from that evening- including a card that I made for her using some beautiful oragami paper, paint, and of course, LOVE...Hope you enjoy!






Then here comes dinner (below)


 



 





Then Friday was a mellow night, which is great. Matt and I needed a quiet night in.
Saturday was a family event (my youngest cousins Bat Mitzvah!!).

My father, his new wife and son (adopted not a blood relation), and my grandparents all came up to be a part of the event. It was absolutely beautiful- and getting to see your family is always a good thing. Even if your family is a mish mash weird patchwork family. Which mine has become. More on that on another blog.


*** NOTE***

This blog was started on December 11th...and finished 6 days later.

1 comment: