Monday, December 21, 2009

Pictures from Cookies/Samson's new Do'/Snowday!

Cookie baking can be fun- Especially when you know that they're being sent off to people who will particularly appreciate them. This is the follow up to the last blog.

Pictures below of the Oatmeal Cookies, my awesome dog Samson's new haircut, and the heaps of snow we got this past weekend. Enjoy!


Above: Fresh whole spices: Star Anise, Carsdamom seeds, Cinnamon and Cloves- I had extra pre-ground from another recipe so I threw that in...Below is the mix...smells divine!


Below is the whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda, and then below that is the earth balance and sugar...not so interesting.











Then  the oats! Yummy oaty goodness!

Oaty....yum.


Sugar and spice and everything nice....


Doughballs!!!






Finished product. Yum! Also, really pretty (if I do say so myself...)

And here is my fuzz face. First to pictures are "before" shots.



 

And here he is all nice and groomed! Super cutie!












He's a spunky little guy. :)

As you can see, from one of the pictures above, there was a lot of snow this past weekend. It's December, we're in the Western Hemisphere in the North East part of North America- that means Winter weather! It's going to snow at some point. People behave like maniacs. I had to go to the market to get ingredients for my cookies and what not- people were stockpiling food and batteries like it was going to be the storm of the century!
Oh well, I suppose with the media-madness making everyone fuss and worry it's to be expected. Here are some shots I got on Sunday (which was cold, but absolutely beautiful!)


Glen Cove Mansion, 12.09



The hub and I. Being silly. 12.09



 Pyrbil Beach, 12.09



Pyrbil Beach, 12.09



 Pyrbil Beach,  12.09



Pyrbil Beach, 12.09



Pyrbil Beach, 12.09



Pyrbil Beach, 12.09

I happen to really love the beach during the winter. There isn't a specifically different look, aside from the fact that sometimes there is snow and or ice, and it's almost always deserted. I just love it.

This week is Christmas week, so there is very little I can do with work, So I have some time to continue practicing my clarinet and crafting. Once I'm totally done with my cookie baking, I will move on to painting and crocheting. And somehow I'll fit in time to organize my office.

While I'm sure that I'll get another opportunity to write more, if  I don't I wish everyone a happy, and blessed Holiday.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of the beach, especially the first and last ones. sigh.

    it's funny how a few miles will make a difference, here in Nova Scotia, the shores are mostly rocks... and beautiful nonetheless. :)

    BTW- your cookies look AWESOME. did you grind up the star anise and cardamon yourself?? very cool.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete