Sunday, August 22, 2010

Seabuckthorn. Why I love it, and a bit of FYI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-buckthorn

Above is the link to wiki-s basic run down of Seabuckthorn.

Below are some pictures of it.



These tiny berries, found most abundantly in the Himalayas- are packed with Omega7. They're actually the only significant food source of it. The only other place you can get it is in macadamia nuts, and it's only in trace amounts. You'd have to eat a LOT of macadamia nuts (which would be awesome...but thats a LOT of fat...) to get what you could in regular use of seabuckthorn supplements and products.

And it's great that it's beneficial for both internal and topical use.

My experiences with this product started when I worked for a company that represented a seabuckthorn product. It had face cream, soap, a supplemental oil, and then a daily juice supplement. They all worked SO well, and my hair, skin and nails looked AMAZING.

Eventually I moved on and started work with another company and no longer represented Sibu- So I didn't have easy access to the products.
Recently when my skin started to flare up, for whatever reason- I tried everything to calm it down. I had weird red scaly flaky patches by my eyebrows. It was gnarly looking and I was not thrilled. To remedy this I tried ALL sorts of moisturizers. From OTC, to olive oil. All I could think about was how great my skin was when I was taking the seabuckthorn pills, using the soap. Well, at that moment I was nowhere near the store and couldn't buy what I had wanted- BUT I did manage to get some seabuckthorn oil. Not only within 10 minutes did it soften the dry areas, but after a day or so it eliminated the redness.

I wanted to share this little tidbit because I'm so happy with the results I have gotten. If anyone has hair skin or nail issues I'd look into getting seabuckthorn products- specifically Sibu. They're a great company and the products are stellar- They've got everything from face cream, to seabuckthorn seed oil. I love them!
Another company that makes wonderful seabuckthorn body products is Weleda. Then for supplements (which Weleda doesn't make), you can look to New Chapter.

1 comment: