Saturday, August 21, 2010

And we have pickles!


I had a really nice couple of herloom tomatoes. One of my favorites is, the Zebra. Perhaps theres another name for them but I don't know it. Well- they seemed perfect for pickling. I really got excited about it and decided that it must be done. And in the later weeks of October and November they'll probably be great!


 These here above are 'Zebra' tomatoes. They're firm and delicious. Perfect for pickling! 

 They're so pretty sliced. I can't believe they're the same kind of fruit as the mealy gross tomatoes you'd see in December!
 And this blurry bad shot ;) is the habenero peppers that JUST stopped burning my hands (5 hours later!). These are going to be some hot tomatoes!

One jalapeno or two?

 Two. Definitely two.

                                     
Yum.


Like flowers!



                                                   
     My associate Samson, ever ready at my feet. <3 Him!!! He's such a good boy!


And here are the spices! They're so pretty.

                        
       Can't forget the garlic!


 More veggies.

                                                  
Jars!


 
  You've got to sterlize.

                                                        
  And here we are- pickled zebra tomatoes!!





It was fun, but I feel like if I were going to do it again I'd used a wider variety of veggies. Perhaps green beans, or other miscellaneous veggies.

Ooooh- but I forgot to mark which ones had XXXHabenero...and which were mild. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment