Wednesday, August 11, 2010

breakfast-lunch-dinner and everything in-between

Sometimes I eat really really ridiculously (said like Zoolander) well. Like uber healthy, local, organic and balanced. And then there are those other times. We'll say that those 'other times' make up about 10% of all my food consumption. Those are the times when a meal consists of (organic) cheezey poufs (ONE serving by the way, measured out b/c I'm awesome like that....), a handful of peanuts, grapes, 4 veggie dumplings, and salad. Or other miscellanea. I feel like it's ok because it's like a tapas meal....but less sophisticated.

It can happen at any meal and usually starts with something that is disappointing- like an apple that is actually 3/4 rotten after the first bite, or a dropped bowl of hummus and crudite (which is usually the last of the hummus and veggies for crudite...) so I am forced to scavenge. What I come up with is usually a myriad of crap and things that don't alone make up a good meal, or even a solid snack...but when combined with other misfits makes for a an interesting pairing.

Does anyone else have food moments like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment