Monday, August 2, 2010

NOT food related.

Alternate title:

Help I don't know how to dress my age!!

Last night I posed a question to FB (so you know that the answers I got we're really spot on and rules to live by....).



Am I too old to have a really epic t-shirt collection? Well....I just turned NOT 30, but not 28 or younger. Do the word problem....
Should I start doing more to dress in a sophisticated and classy demeanor? I want to kick my stye up a notch.

For the most part if I could wear whatever, I'd wear leggings with t-shirts, jeans with t-shirts, and skirts with boots and t-shirts. I friggin' love t-shirts. Slap a sweater over it and you can look like a grown up. Add a belt, a scarf and some kicky sandals and you look like a star. I've done the overly styled thing before. When I want to look fancy, truth be told, I kind of do the retro/ pin-up look with a pencil skirt, and pretty top. It feels better than wearing trendy skanky outfits that are lurking out there. My hair easily rolls up into cute pin-curls, and the curve-hugging styles from the 40s and 50s just make me feel good about how I look. And thankfully I never seem to look like I'm playing dress up. That is never cute....Not at this age when it's not Halloween.

I'll happily take some suggestions to maybe make myself look like a bit more grown up though, but I'm not sure what else I could wear or do at this point. Am I hopeless? I just don't want to look like everyone else.

Maybe the best thing to do at this point is own it. I don't actually care what other people think, as long as I'm taken seriously....For work I tend to dress the oart of the grown up better with slacks, and tops with some decent accessories. Or pretty dresses.

Ok- I'm over it. And officially on a quest for awesome t-shirts. If anyone has local t-shirts from where they live that are staples, I'd love to do an exchange. I'll happily buy and send some I (heart) NY shirts and send them as an exchange. What better way to get awesome t-shirts?! Email me if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment