Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Meteor Showers and Tim Hortons.

I like Meteor showers.

I do NOT like Tim Hortons.

* Note: Friends from the Western, Central parts of NY and Canada DO NOT get upset about this. I was brought up with Dunkin Donuts. It's just so much better. And really really really- they're BOTH atrocious for your health. I'm basing this soley on the Tim-Bits/Munchkins.*

Last night (early this morning really...) was the Leonids Meteor Shower. I had never actually seen a meteor shower- though I have been lucky enough to see a few random shooting stars.
Generally when there are astral events like this at home, and there is too much smog and light pollution, so viewing is not optimal. This time though the stars aligned (bad pun intended) and I was in a less lit up area. My friend Melissa and her friend Joe drove to Chestnut Ridge right outside of Buffalo. While it was VERY cold, and our Tim Hortons hot beverages soon turned icy- we had a blast. Oh, and I absolutely I love my North Face parka. It kept every part of me that it covered warm and toasty!! The rest of me however was frozen. We were there for about 3 hours. At one point the three of us started to sing bad 80's sitcom theme songs. Our rendition of 'The Nanny' theme song garnered applause from the other star gazers. Not bad considering I actually SOUND like Fran Drescher when I sing.

Not much else ensued. I got SOME sleep, and had a productive day. And as always I'm having a good time. Though my cozy couch, dog and Matt wouldn't be too bad right now.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, so you saw the meteors!! ??? Last time I saw a meteor shower was in like 98 or 99 or so. They were green, as if the stars all fell out of the sky and turned into emeralds! So, what did it look like?? Breathtaking I imagine. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meteors looked like brighter, multiple sized shooting stars. Some of them had pinkish hues and others yellowish. Amazing, and humbling. You feel so small and at the same time really connected to the universe!

    ReplyDelete